Virtue of the Month
Definition of Integrity
- Integrity is being pure, honest, and sincere
- Integrity is having strong morals and ethics and showing it with actions and words
- Integrity is always making the right choices
There are many ways to show Integrity
- Make good choices
- Tell the truth
- Help without expecting anything in return
- Follow the rules even if no one is watching you
- Take responsibility of your actions
- Play fair, share & include others
- Treat everyone with respect & kindness
- Use nice words when talking to others
- Follow through with your commitments
- Spread rumors
- Bully others
- Use words that put down others
Family Discussion Questions
- Why is it important to tell the truth even under difficult circumstances?
- Explain why it takes courage to show integrity and do the right thing.
- How do you feel when somebody treats you without integrity?
- Explain how 3 other character traits link to integrity.
- Describe a movie or book character that shows integrity.
- List some ways you can show integrity at home and at school.
- Tell about a time you showed integrity by standing up for what you believe in.
From the Bible:
- Proverbs 2:6-8 For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints.
- Proverbs 2:20-21 So you will walk in the way of the good and keep to the paths of the righteous. For the upright will inhabit the land, and those with integrity will remain in it…
- Proverbs 28:18 Whoever walks in integrity will be delivered, but he who is crooked in his ways will suddenly fall.
- Psalm 7:8 The LORD judges the peoples; judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness and according to the integrity that is in me.